Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Happy New Year - Seahawks Superbowl Champs

It's February 4, still reveling in our epic beat down of the Denver Bronco's in Superbowl 48 (43-8). Seattle's hosting a parade on Wednesday, it would be fun to go but we got our tax appointment in Lake Stevens. Work has been good, we've had a very mild winter, cold temps but very little precip.

Only three weeks until my Borrego trip. Looking forward to seeing our friends, playing golf everyday, hitting the pool and generally warm up. I think I have everything covered at work and I'll bring my laptop with me to keep in touch.

Last year was a success at work, we installed wifi, installed epoxy flooring on our stairs and restrooms, updated fixtures in the proshop, created an office for me and now I have organized our financial and personnel files and have established phone lists and vendor files. We revamped the website, now have an electronic reservation system. This year we are re-doing the lighting inside and outside our buildings, beginning an improvement project on our driving range and modify hole #2. Created a real nice rack display that I plan to take to the parks, hotels and our visitor center to promote our course. Always plenty of improvement projects. I have really enjoyed the job, I look forward to see what we can accomplish in 2014.

Our family has quite a 2014 planned. Ben & Matt are getting married in 2 weeks, I'm so happy for both of them. Jake & Em are expecting a baby, there has been a lot of concern about Em's pregnancy, the baby has been diagnosed with Turner's Syndrom but with several visits to Children's Hospital they have been given good news about delivering a healthy child, we are very excited for them. I'm anxious to see Jake transform into a dad, he'll be great. Travis has been promoted and hopes to move his family closer to work as his hours and responsibilities will increase. He has worked so hard, nice to see him be rewarded.

The dogs are great, Riley's barking concerns us, I hope he eventually grows out of this. They enjoy hanging out with Chris and chasing balls out in the back yard. Chris and I are starting to walk Riley down to the mailbox, he really enjoys the walk and it's good for us as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment