Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Back from Borrego

I realized that a posting from Borrego got lost in the blogosphere? I need to catch up. We had a great time down south and would like to spend even more time there next year. The hang-up is the dogs, it has been hard to find a place that will rent to us with two large(r) dogs. I'll keep looking, there are a couple of promising leads.

The weather down south started off cooler than normal and ended up warmer than normal. It actually snowed one day in Florence while visiting Rick. As expected, he was a great host and had everything prepared for me in his motorhome. I really enjoy the relaxed atmosphere and the pool & spa in Florence. Golfing is at times a little difficult because of the popular time of the year, it can be difficult to get a tee time. We ended up playing 4 times during the 2 weeks and I enjoyed my trip there.

It was a great time in Borrego, it was good to see our neighbors again and the weather was fantastic with temps in the 90's as we were leaving. We stayed at the same home overlooking the 14th green at the De Anza Country Club with the mountains as a beautiful backdrop.


We really enjoyed the pool this year, we kept it heated the whole time and took full advantage of the warm water, cool drinks and sunny skies. Ben and Matt came down again driving in a cool Fiat. They were once again the celebrities, making dinner for everyone we had a great time with them.

My golf game wasn't as rusty as I thought it would be, I had a couple of shaky rounds but for the most part I was very consistent and played well - hope that continues when I go to South Carolina here in a couple of week.

Ben had just completed 12 paintings prior to coming down to Borrego and as soon as he got back he needed to set up for his show. It has been wildly successful, he has already sold 8 of the 12 paintings.

I've got more to tell but its 70 degrees here in Hoodsport on Easter Sunday and I need to get to the golf course.

No comments:

Post a Comment