Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

July 12 - I can't believe it's been over 3 months since my last posting!

So much has changed since my last posting which highlighted my return from Ariz & Calif. Biggest change is my returning to work. Not to get into all the details but I was hired to run the pro-shop at my local golf course. I've been itching to do something a little more productive and I kind of fell into this. I actually interrupted my vacation down south to come up and interview for the position. I originally wasn't selected but when the original candidate withdrew from consideration the LCMC called me to see if I was still interested.



I was hired back on April 24. Just 2 weeks into the job I was promoted to Golf Course Manager now in charge of both the pro-shop & the maintenance shop. I've really enjoyed the challenges so far and my hard work seems to be netting results and positive responses from the golfers as well as the board of directors at LCMC.

I reunited with my friends for one last trip to South Carolina for golf, we had a great time, weather was really nice and it was fun to have warmer & longer days.




Ben had another art show and he was very successful selling his paintings. We attended his show with Chris's mom & Bob.

Back home, Chris & I planted a garden and Chris just harvested some onions and radishes yesterday. Chris has been fantastic, really helping our with the yard duties. We haven't made any significant changes to the yard except for the garden project & changes with the sprinkler system replacing some heads and adding a 2nd control box to spread out the watering intervals.

Because of work, I wasn't able to spend a week with Jake like I did the year before. I was really looking forward to helping him with his back yard. Still, we got out a couple of Thursdays ago and golfed 54 holes at Trophy Lake in Port Orchard, weather hadn't turned nice yet but we enjoyed each others company for the day, Jake loves golf and is very good when he's under control.

Ben & Matt have been really busy, the past 2 weeks they have been in Hawaii enjoying a much needed vacation as well as reuniting with Matt's parents who returned from a 1 1/2 teaching assignment in Africa.

Carter and Riley have been great, Riley has been much better with the plants this year. Might have something to do with spraying "deer stop" on the plants, doesn't just keep the deer away!

That's it for now, I need to get back into the swing of posting more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment